Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Here!

Arrived safe in Aljezur last night! A long night, day, and another night of travel but wasn´t too tired having slept a few hours here and there during flights and bus rides. The owner of Tipi Valley, Laurie, picked me up last night, along with another girl from London who has been working at a similar camp a bit inland for a few weeks. We stopped for a late dinner in the village where Laurie lives. Wine here is 85 cents a glass... just saying. We slept at his house (where we will be for the next few nights until the camp is ready for the other volunteer and I to move down to). The village is small but pretty amazing..hilly, .narrow stone streets and little cafes (I´m at one now that has internet access from a computer outside). There´s even a little natural food store across the street from this cafe. The weather is gorgeous and he told me to sleep in this morning and just relax and explore today. When I did wake up, they were already gone but there was a fresh pot of coffee and a hot pot of this delicious apple pear oats dish he left for breakfast. So basically, I love today.

Laurie showed me this old fort at the highest point in the village from the truck last night so I´m going to see if I can find my way up there right now. I´ll try to get some pictures on here soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment