Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2011

And I'm off...

Holy shit, I'm going to Portugal today. I'm in Boston right now (pretending the airport Starbucks is Uncommon), catching a flight soon to JFK. I fly out at 10 pm tonight, land in Madrid in the morning, where I have a brief layover before the final connection to Lisbon. I'll have a few hours in Lisbon before I hop on a bus for the 4 hour ride to Aljezur. The bus doesn't leave until early evening, so I'll have some downtime (probably a good thing given that I just realized the bus doesn't leave right from the airport so I'll probably have to catch a cab to wherever it is I am leaving from). The plan right now is to get picked up from the bus stop in Aljezur late Tuesday night (insert crossed fingers here).

Very excited! But a little bit nervous. The only reason I know I'm nervous is because it's almost 4pm and I've only had 3 meals today. I'm sure that won't last. I was just saying to my mom this weekend that I've never understood the appeal of drinking before getting on a plane, but I think I get it now.

Time to grab a coffee and let google translator transform me into a fluent Portuguese speaker.  If I can get online in Lisbon, I'll have some time to get back on here.

And thanks for a great weekend at home... will miss you Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

  1. haha my bad... I didn't say you because you weren't home. but you are of course included

    ReplyDelete