Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 26, 2011

good ole rainy day


I woke up this morning (a 6:55 am internal alarm clock has yet to fail me since I’ve arrived here) to the sound of pouring rain. The gloominess outside didn’t make crawling out of my warm sleeping bag(s) too enticing, but nothing that hot oatmeal and coffee can’t fix. Good timing for a rainy day too, because Laurie had asked last night if I wanted to come down to the village in the morning and work on some marketing for Tipi Valley on his computer. 

It turns out that I can’t tolerate a cold shower long enough to actually reverse days of working in the gardens, painting, running at the beach, and trying to repair a bike (will get back to that), so I was also pretty excited to get in a legitimate shower at his apartment this morning. I trekked into town from the valley this morning… most of these walks between town, camp, and the beach are pretty eventful, with the exception of some pretty intimidating dogs. I’m walking along the side of the road and see two charging at me, their owner standing ahead of me on the roadside with his arms up, palms facing me. Hah, what the hell does that mean? I thought this sign was great though...

                                           

After dropping backpack off at Laurie’s place, I went off for a run through the village. Another plus of the cloudy, cool day… perfect running weather. I’ve been wanting to check out the Saturday morning farmer’s market in the “new” part of the village, so I made sure to tuck a few euro into my shorts and planned my route to finish at the market. I stocked up on some organic greens, which don’t seem to be available at the grocery store in town, and some clementines and peanuts (thinking I might try to make some peanut butter this weekend).  

Will write again soon about my plans for the next few weeks, after I leave Tipi Valley!


(hoping black and white pics capture the rainy-day-ness)

No comments:

Post a Comment