Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 24, 2011

fell in love at the seaside

ah, the kooks. love when the song playing on my ipod is so perfectly appropriate.

Hard to believe it’s already Thursday. The week seems to be flying by. Since my last post, not too much to update on work at Tipi Valley. The past few days I’ve spent painting, mostly the bamboo showers and wall by the yoga area. Some of the work has been more physically demanding, but overall I find it to be therapeutic, if that makes sense (that might be the paint fumes talking though). I’ve also got accustomed to taking a “tea break” halfway through the morning (the English girl Jodie drinks tea like I drink coffee… so it works out). Since we don’t have power in the kitchen, I’ve been making mine in a coffee percalator on the gas stove.

I usually stop work a little after noon to make us lunch. After the first day, that was the arrangement we agreed on, since I enjoy cooking and it’s actually easier for me to just make something I know I can eat (as a high maintenance vegan) and Laurie and Jodie seem happy with whatever I make so far.




On Wednesday afternoon Jodie and I walked down to Amorera beach, which is where the river meets the ocean. We didn’t catch the tide at the right time, so couldn’t cross the river, but hung out on this side…the views are breathtaking. She swam here for a bit and I had myself a little workout on this pier (you can’t complain about pushups when you’re looking out at this) and then went for a quick run. My hips have been feeling great, which is such a relief but my shins still aren’t great so trying not to overdo it (trying… but how can I resist this??)




Before walking back to the valley we had to stop for a coffee at this café, which sits alone atop this cliff. This picture makes me beyond happy…



Today I’m back in town trying to sort of my plans for the coming weeks. I’m not sure I’ll be staying at Tipi Valley the whole time I’m in Portugal. Jodie is headed to Peniche in a few weeks before heading back to the UK, and I’m thinking I might try to find somewhere around there to stay for a bit. I love what I’ve seen of the Algarve region but it would be fun to explore a different area, especially Lisbon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment